If you have been to sushi restaurant then you have most assuredly tried Sriracha Mayo or a spicy mayo. I have great affinity for spicy mayo. I will have it over california rolls, in a spicy avocado tuna rolls, over fries, in my poke bowl, and sometimes just with rice. So I had to figure out how to make my own. Most kitchens have the ingredients to make a quick and easy Sriracha Mayo recipe. Garlic powder, mayonnaise, Sriracha, lime juice, and you got yourself a good-tasting condiment.
If you are anything like me you can never have too much Sriracha mayo, and when you make it at home, you can make a ton of it. When you get it from the restaurant I feel like they give you the smallest cup of sauce as if they don’t want to give out that much. That gets me through about half a poke bowl, and then I end up scraping up the rest of the poke with tiny bits of sauce. No more of that, I just make an extra batch, and continue to dip as much as the fish can handle.
Tips for making Sriracha Mayo
- Mayonnaise – Get the correct mayonnaise. I know you are going to be tempted to get the fancy olive oil mayonnaise, but for Sriracha mayo get the regular non-flavored mayo. The olive oil just changes the taste too much.
- Garlic powder is your friend – If you aren’t getting enough salt from your sauce add in more Garlic powder.
What to eat with spicy mayo
- Poke bowl – Spicy salmon, spicy ahi tuna, spicy fish over rice are the best types of quick dinners.
- Fries – I happen to have really like spicy mayo with fries and furikake. If you haven’t tried it, and you have a bag of frozen fries then give it a go.
I mean if you know about spicy mayo, then chances are I don’t have to give you any ideas of what to eat it with, you got your own things you want to eat it with. If you aren’t sure you can order up some California rolls at your local restaurant or try making your own. Justonecookbook has a nice recipe for California rolls.
- Mixing Bowl
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Get Ingredients.
- Put your mayonnaise in the bowl and add in your Garlic powder and Sriracha. Mix thoroughly together.
- Now add your lime juice and mix in. Taste and then add in Garlic powder if not savory enough, or lime juice if not tangy enough. I would add in increments of 1/8 of a tsp at most.
Leave a Reply